What Is ALTCS?
The Arizona Long Term Care System is an Arizona Medicaid program overseen by a state organization called the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS). The ALTCS program is designed to assist those in need of either full nursing home care or home and community-based services that assist people who would otherwise require full nursing home care. The ALTCS program operates under a federal waiver, which means that the State does not follow the rules required in other states.
Arizona’s rules are constantly changing and evolving to meet its residents’ needs, so it’s crucial to contact a lawyer to stay up-to-date with the latest requirements. Arizona Medicaid Planning Services will ensure you’re aware of the latest developments and can obtain the most benefits available.
Benefits of Planning
Don’t underestimate the value of planning ahead! Exploring your options in advance can be a huge benefit to you for a number of reasons. Some of these include:
- Provide a smooth transition from private pay to public benefits.
- Minimize the out-of-pocket expenses to applicants and their spouses (if applicable).
- To shelter and protect the assets within the framework that the State allows.
- Review all the options and choose those with the least risk and greatest benefit.
- Avoid or minimize the State of Arizona’s ability to perform estate recovery.